This is proof that you can practically find space for a mudroom in any home!
When we first moved in I had absolutely no idea what to do with the space between the garage door and the basement door. We ended up hanging our key holder on the wall and placing our old shoe rack underneath. The hubby decided that the key holder needed to be placed in studs so it ended up being sooooo off centered and that space just drove me nuts--grrrr!
One night it dawned on me, we could make a mini mudroom! I started searching for one of those fancy mudroom hutches and the cheapest I could find fell around $400. Uhmmmmm I don't think so!
I thought about purchasing a shelf and a bench seperately, but after days and days of searching all of the benches were too big and I couldn't find the right shelf size either. So I decided that we would make some ourselves.
We ended up spending way less than if we had purchased a bench and shelf combo and I am completely in love with the custom built in look. Swoon!
All of the mudrooms that I had looked at online had beautiful beadboard so when I found out that Martha Stewart made a paintable beadbord wallpaper I was estatic! The reviews said that it looks exactly like the real thing but without the extra cost and labor, so I was sold.
We started by laying the roll out and measuring the length that we needed. We then measured the wall to see what width we needed for the next piece. Even though the paint covers up the seams pretty nicely, you still want to be pretty precsise on your measurments.
Linking up to these awesome parties:
- Before and After Party hosted by Thrifty Decor Chick (first Monday of each month)
- Inspiration Monday Party hosted by I Should Be Mopping the Floor
- Made By You Mondays hosted by Skip to my Lou
- Tutorial Tuesday hosted by Hope Studios
- Outside the Box hosted by Carissa Miss
- You're Gonna Love it Tuesday hosted by Kathe with an E
- Twirl and Take a Bow hosted by House on the Way
- Work it Wednesday hosted by The Turquoise Home/The Blissful Bee/The Happy Housie/Place of my Tastes
- Handmade Hangout hosted by Cristina's Adventures
- Thrifty Thursday hosted by Living Well Spending Less
- Frugal Friday hosted by The Shabby Nest
- City of Links Party hosted by City of Creative Dreams
- Fridays Unfolded hosted by Nancherrow