I'll admit right away that I didn't take nearly enough pictures of this special room. I had my wild two year old running around while I shot these, and let me tell you it's not an easy task to keep everything straightend and keep him out of the picutures!
Alright let's get to it! Come on in...
If you've seen what Tristan's nursery used to look like you may notice that I used the same shelves on the space above the dresser. I was even able to reuse the wooden giraffe and elephant by painting them.
The blocks were a simple DIY (you can read about the ones I made for Tristan here).
I also used the same baskets from Tristan's room after giving them a coat of white spraypaint and making some basket liners to dress them up.
To the right of the changing area is the crib. I wish I would have gotten a close up of the mobile--it's absolutely adorable and inspired me to take the theme from all elephants to elephants, giraffes, bunnies and sheep.
The nightstand next to the crib used to be pretty drab until I gave it a cheap makeover that I shared in this post.
And next to the nightstand is my new favorite chair! It took me weeks of research before finally deciding on this one. It's super comfortable, the perfect light shade of gray and was very affordable. Finding the perfect floor pouf was difficult too, but I finally found this cute chevron one and it fits perfectly.
I also made a patchwork pillow and got a cozy white blanket for me to snuggle up with for those chilly nights.
At first I thought that decorating the huge wall across from the crib would be a challenge. But as I showed you in my post about DIY Fabric Art I was able to create a simple gallery wall for super cheap.
Metal Letters on Wood and using wood planks to make the Sheep Art.
You may notice the cute elephant butt that's holding up his hanging hamper (tutorial here) behind the door.
I just traced my pattern to the wall and painted it with acrylic paint. The hook is the "tail" that holds the hamper up.
And of course my favorite part of the entire room is the bookcase that I gave a makeover to and the cute little items that it holds.
The lamp was also from Trisan's room and just got a new fabric around the shade.
Here is the source and price breakdown. Note--I made myself a registry at Target so that I could get the 15% completion coupon plus my 5% Redcard discount which helped a ton.
(Affiliate links may be provided for convenience. For more info, see my full disclosure here.)
- Graco Freeport Convertible Crib : from Tristan's nursery
- Graco Freeport Dresser (no longer online, similar one found here) : from Tristan's nursery
- Delta Children Morgan Glider in Dove Grey: $280
- Majestic Home Goods Chevron Pouf: $40
- Bookcase and Nightstand (already owned and gave makeovers to): about $30 in supplies
- Shelves themselves came from Hobby Lobby about a year ago
- Gund Plush Giraffe (discontinued but similar one found here): $12
- Esty Art: $12
- DIY Letter Blocks: about $5
- Plush bunny: TJMaxx $5
- Wooden Giraffe and Elephant: already had and painted them to match the room
- Circo® Two By Two Crib Mobile $20
- Metal Letters on Wood: about $20
- DIY Sheep Art: about $14
- Circo® Two By Two Woven Fitted Crib Sheet: $8
- Circo Pleated Crib Skirt : $12
- Blackout Curtains: $16
- White Blanket on glider: $20 (in store at Target)
- Pillow: about $10 for fabric and IKEA pillow insert
- DIY Fabric Art: $12
- Framed Art: made on Canva.com and put in IKEA picture frames
- Cube Organizer: $48
- Cubes: $48
- Baskets: $25
- Burlap Covered Boxes: $8 (cost of burlap, already had boxes, paint and bedsheet)
I love every little detail that went into this room and I'm so excited that I'll be bringing my sweet little baby boy into this room in a little over a week! I can't wait :)
I promise I'll be back with some sweet baby pictures as soon as I'm adjusted. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and an amazing New Year!
Linking up to these awesome parties!